Is the air you family breathes as fresh and healthy as it can be?
To conserve energy many homes today are becoming tighter and better insulated. The result is these homes do not breath as well as their predecessors and many now require an active ventilation system to bring in fresh air.
One solution is an Aprilaire Energy Recovery Ventilator or ERV. Basically the system works by exchanging stale indoor air with the fresh outdoor air. In the summer, warm air from outside passes near outgoing conditioned air, cooling it down before it enters the living space. The air streams pass each other and temper the air but don’t actually mix. It is this technology that keeps your heating and cooling bills down.
Some of the benefits and features of an ERV system are:
- Installs in conjunction with any central heating and cooling system
- Provides a constant controlled supply of fresh air into your home year round
- Reduces excess indoor humidity
- Reduces unhealthy air pollutants including VOC’s, carbon dioxide, smoke, odors, bacteria and viruses
- Saves energy by transfering energy value from your indoor air
- Ventilates homes up to 3,600 square feet